5 & 7 Parramatta Square
5 & 7 Parramatta Square. The $105m Development for The City Of Parramatta Council Is To Be Constructed by Built. With Architects From Manuelle Gautrand Architecture, DesignInc Sydney and Lacoste+Stevenson Architects. Completion Date is Set for 2022.
The six-storey building for the City of Parramatta Council will include:
- A world-class public library at the forefront of technology, and a permanent home for a significantly enhanced City of Parramatta Library
- A ground-floor foyer (the 'Urban Living Room') with concierge, visitor services, Council customer services and a cafe, as well as spaces for live performances and cultural activities
- Community collaboration and creative spaces with associated programming and available for hire
- The new City of Parramatta Council Chambers
The building will house a Discovery Centre and cultural heritage spaces which will include interactive displays and exhibitions and an Aboriginal Keeping Place for local Indigenous objects. A Research Lab and professional services will provide access to Council's cultural heritage collection, and cultural programs.
The sustainability components of this project with include:
- Operational net zero emissions from day one through City of Parramatta’s renewable electricity power purchase agreement along with the removal of natural gas
- Climate resilience through a design that mitigates the shocks and stressors of climate change impacts
A 6 Star Green Star pathway will include:
- Energy savings of 30-35% from mixed mode ventilation through operable facades
- Water savings on the order of 75-80% by removing cooling towers, capturing and re-using rainwater and efficient fixtures